Wednesday, May 06, 2009

What Did You Say?


I asked Nurse Mary at school to look in my ear. She looked in both ears and told me I have two nasty ear infections. No wonder I hear buzzing like a telephone line and everything is muffled. People have been telling me I'm talking funny. I guess that's because I can't hear what I'm saying. Otherwise I'm perfectly fine, but when the ears are messed up... She said go to a doctor. Guess what - there are no docs around here. We had Nurse Bigger in New Berlin but she retired. I bought some Sudafed on the way home. Maybe I can find some sample antibiotics around the house, left here by my future "doctor" Nurse Mia. I was afraid to go in the house for fear of finding Bodie dead. He was laid out but started wagging his tail when I called his name. Not dead yet. I got him outside but had to carry him up the steps with two other dogs pulling on my arms. Bodie is now totally exhausted and so am I. Think I will lie down. I'm excited about the farmer's market on Saturday as the weather report has improved. I am right across from the vegetable man who always has nice produce. I am excited about blueberry season here and plan on putting up as many jars of jam as I can. I dream about being a blueberry farmer but it takes years to get a blueberry farm going and I plan on retiring from teaching and working in Mia's office and being nanny to her babies someday. (No hurry, Mia!) I better go check the barn for goat babies first. I am expecting two little bundles of joy real soon.

1 comment:

Henya said...

Get well soon. Be careful, as you said a lot of kritters depend on you.