Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday At Last


Only a four day week but it felt longer. Had my "summative" today with my supervisor. In NJ it's called a PIP (professional improvement plan). BOCES is different in many ways. In NJ you know in May or before if you will be employed the next year. Here they send you a letter over the summer stating they intend to employ you. Doesn't give you much of a heads up on job hunting. My boss wanted to set up improvement goals for next year, so I guess I'm in. Have to keep my long-suffering husband in health coverage. He seems to need it much more than I do so far. Speaking of health coverage, I came so close to passing over the Rainbow Bridge this morning I'm still a little shaky. I was barreling down route 8 doing around 70 mph when a yahoo country boy in a Dodge Ram pick-up pulled out RIGHT in FRONT of me. I had my lights on, but he pulled on out. No time for brakes or horn. We missed by a hair. I'm so superstitious. Just the other day I put my next of kin phone number and work number on my ID tag which I put on as soon as I get in the Jeep. Yesterday another teacher saw numbers on the back and said what's this? I said I knew a cop wouldn't find a license in my purse so I thought I would make it easy. Almost needed it today. When I got home I took the doggies high on the hill and soaked it all in. It's great to be alive!! Yippee!! Wooo-hooo! I guess it takes a good shaking up once in a while to appreciate what we have.

1 comment:

jan said...

Ben there, have scared myself to death before and know exactly how you feel! Knees stop shaking yet? Got your guardian angel in the Jeep?

Thank goodness you're safe and fine now. Saw you on your walk, and by the meandering pace, you sure were soaking in the peaceful setting and animals.

:)