Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Frosty Morning


Woke up to heavy frost on the fields...in the middle of May! Didn't keep my colleagues from wearing flip flops and tee shirts to school today. I'm not quite ready. Came home to find Raven and Jean Vierre (have to check with Hannah on that name) escaped from their pen. The baby had dropped down a ledge into a place where mom couldn't get to her. Lots of screaming going on. I thought at first another birth was going on. Matt is real crippled. The pipes were dropped off today for the septic field and the gravel is coming tomorrow, along with the excavator I think. I have no idea how he is going to manage this septic installation while flat on his back, moaning and groaning. I managed to make him eat some dinner to make the pills sit easier in his stomach. I massaged the bulge in his back with Ben Gay, trying to spread out the swelling. He won't get in the bath tub, so I don't know what else to do. These things take time. Out to do chores. It takes me about two hours working alone. Gorgeous weather, bright sunshine, cool temps. Have to get to bed earlier tonight, I'm still tired from Maryland.

No comments: