Sunday, May 10, 2009

So Much Excitement



While Mia and I were trying to catch my little runty yearling goats who are choking with mohair to relieve them of their burdens, we spied my black doe Raven next to the back door standing next to a teeny tiny little wet shivering newborn. It's cold today and the barn door is a drafty place. We got a pen ready for mom and baby back inside the barn, with fluffy, fresh green hay, warm molasses water and a bit of corn and feed. I found a tiny sweater for the little doe kid, who Hannah named Jean Vaire. Have to get back to you on the spelling! Raven was thrilled with her kid and the food. Moms get the red carpet treatment here so they can be comfortable, well fed and undisturbed with their little ones. Mia and I only got three goats clipped, but the mohair was substantial. I think I have two more does to kid. It will be cool again tomorrow and I'll be at work. There is nothing cuter than newborn angora goats and I adore the mohair. Speaking of fiber, here is a picture of yarn spun from the wool purchased from me at Maryland Sheep and Wool. Nice to hear from a happy customer.

2 comments:

Henya said...

That kid is adorable. What a nice surprise. The yarn is very nice too.

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Another sweetie!!! How exciting :)

HUGS to all
Kim and crew