Thursday, May 28, 2009

Home Sweet Home


The flock was still in the pen when I got home, a relief after the adventures of yesterday. They were all bunched up at the gate. It's fun to let them out and watch them run willy-nilly hither and yon, grabbing mouthfuls of grass as they go. Matt is in Jamestown, near Buffalo, tonight and I have the place all to myself. I have a new issue of Wild Fibers, today's NY Times, and two Netflix videos - Jane Eyre part 2 and Quantum of Solace. Hmmm, tough choice. Talked to Mia while sitting in the field and got all the poop on getting AJ out of his seminary dorm. She found things I thought were lost forever, like his Boy Scout Merit Badge sash full of patches, and other BSA paraphanalia. I loved sewing on all those patches, on both my Boy Scouts. Eric is still in the Boy Scouts, only he's on their payroll and doing fantastically. AJ is flying to Las Vegas to check in with his National Guard unit out there, then getting ready to fly to Europe for three weeks before he reports for US Army Chaplain school part 2 at Ft. Jackson, S.C. Busy guy. Maggie is home on the farm, the best place to be. The weather forecast for Saturday is good so we'll be back to the market. Right now it's off to run around the hillside in the almost darkness to get the sheep in, do chores, then sew a bit while watching TV. It will be bedtime before I know it and morning even quicker, then off to work, then freedom for two days. I got an acceptance to the new Southern Adirondack Fiber Festival to be held in September. I hope being near Saratoga will help. It five hours from here, about as long as I care to haul my trailer. September will be a busy month for me with two new shows. Exciting times...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats mommie that's great!!!