Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cloudy and Cool


Gotta love this weather. Warm enough to go without a coat, yet cool enough to wear a sweater (cotton, that is). Mia called me when I was rushing to get out of the apartment. She was helping her brother AJ pack to leave the seminary and was about to bring him back to NJ to stay with her for two weeks. They are so cute together and I can almost see them when they were three and four - Mia taking care of AJ, always looking out for him and intervening on his behalf when he was in trouble. Nothing's changed. I mailed the second custom bag order after work today. The bag is beautiful, hope she likes it. I saw Mary Liebau, my shepherd friend, in the little market in New Berlin and chatted with her for a while. A big local farm has been sold as four acre lots. Too bad. Brookfield is changing. Way too built up for me. I was nervous driving home for good reason. The sheep had pushed or chewed their way through the Poor White Gate and spread out over the hill. One ewe, the Cotswold cross a student talked me into buying, had her head stuck in the graduated wire. I had to find wire cutters and snip a square around her. After tending to various critters, making dinner, doing laundry, rounding up sheep and goats, etc. it was ten o'clock. Where does the time go. Never even got to the dinner dishes. No surprise.

No comments: