Tuesday, May 19, 2009

28 F.


Okay, it's cold. I'll have to scrape the ice off my windshield before I drive to work. There's a heavy frost on the fields. Glad I didn't put a garden in yet. The chicks are huddling under their mother's wings. Truth is, I love cold weather. I've had the wood stove on the last two nights and wore my flannel nighty to bed. Izzie didn't want to come out from under the covers this morning. Have to get a move on. I have two more annual review meetings this morning. Every year the home the people at the home school who are involved with a student gather together with the BOCE people to discuss his/her progress. It can be tricky. The parents and student are there and how do I say what I want to say diplomatically and professionally? I usually err on the side of sweetness and swallow the bitter words. It's not going to make a heck of a lot of difference anyway. Matt is off to Lake Placid. I should make my favorite lentil soup tonight. I'm working on two custom bag orders. One is a tiny version of a bigger bag she saw in Md. I forgot how much easier it is to work on a small bag. I can cut it out on the sewing machine cabinet and the seams go very quickly. I could get to like small bags. When I stand over a length of fabric with a pair of scissors (I don't use a pattern) I tend to cut big...but then, when life gets complicated and you have a lot to carry, you need a big bag. Oh, I had a nice note from my good friend and shearer, Jim Baldwin, cautioning me not to move to Lowville, the land of the wind turbines. How sweet of him. He says the dirt is very poor. Don't worry, I'm not moving. I just threw out Lowville because I know so little of New York State and that's one name up north that came to mind. Besides, Bodie and Jasper are planted here and I wouldn't want to leave them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love where you are!!