Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Maryland Musings


Got a good night sleep after many nights of intermittent snoozing. If only I could shut off this mind and not worry in my sleep. Not even all those lovely bed covers in that gorgeous brass bed in the Strawberry Inn could lull me to sleep. Guess I needed to hear three big white guard dogs barking through the night with cats running in the hay mow on top of me to put me to sleep. Work yesterday was surreal after the weekend of fibery fun. I miss my booth. It's so much work to travel to shows and put it up, but it hardly feels like work at all. Does that make sense? I have a lot of ideas I want to work on for the fall shows. In the meantime, I have farm concerns. Monkey was scratching in the dirt by the pine tree yesterday. I wonder if she will give birth next to Knut's igloo where she likes to nap. I can't imagine that Knut would eat her baby, as the dogs love Monkey, but that warm juicy package might be tempting. I have another black doe due any minute. I think the weather is warm enough for newborns to do alright until I get home and put them in the jug. Rainy and cool this morning. Better get crackin' and get to school. Many vendors were headed to the New Hampshire Sheep and Wool this weekend. No can do. I tell them, look, I'm a high school teacher and they look at me like, so? You mean you can't drive 8 hours after work on Friday and put up your booth? Then drive home Sunday night 8 hours and be at work on Monday? Many of them do it. I know my limitations! Or do I?

1 comment:

Libby said...

I can identify with "farm concerns" I have a young ewe with a vaginal prolapse - my first in over 30 years of raising sheep- and a lamb that can't get up, but walks well when I stand her up. I have no clue. Q perscribes a chinese herb to old dogs with weak hind ends that usually buys them another 4-6 months. Libby