Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday Soup


What do I do when I am supremely happy and brimming over with good vibes from a fabulous holiday weekend with my family? I make soup! Mia sent me home with a big turkey carcass full of meat, and lots of veggies she didn't use. There were packages of triple washed baby spinach, celery, cauliflower and broccoli. I got the carcass boiling last night, along with the one my students cooked last week. This morning I picked the bones and gave the gnarly parts to the kitties and dogs. Happiness all around. All the veggies went in the soup along with many onions I had begging to be cooked. We'll eat this soup all day, then I'll freeze the rest for cold winter nights with grilled cheese, etc. Life is good...

1 comment:

Mary Anne Komar said...

I've enjoyed your blog courtesy of Clasheen. But when I saw the pot with the green leaves and such, I thought that it was some really organic soap MIX!!!! Looked closer and saw the turkey!!! thanks again. all the way up near Bellingham, Washington