Saturday, November 20, 2010

Blue Boy has a New Home


I took Blue Boy to Carol Riley's farm in Hamilton today. Her spread is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful, with 100 acres of hay fields across from State land. Blue Boy will have four sheep friends and two horses in the pasture with him, and a nice barn to weather storms in. All sheep should be so lucky. Carol and I chatted a while. She sews incredible fine-microfleece clothing - hats, coats and turtlenecks. She turned me on to a local art club craft fair in Clinton she says I should try next year. I told her to come to Plowshares to check it out. Being new in the area I am still learning about good local shows. I got some orders mailed in Hamilton - lovely post office that stays open to a decent hour on Saturday, unlike my little tiny Brookfield PO. I stopped at Price Chopper in Hamilton, the next best thing to Wegman's which I would have to travel an hour to Syracuse to shop at. PC gives gas credits for shopping there which you can cash in a certain gas stations for cheaper gas. Every little bit helps. Lots to do around the farm - better get cracking.

No comments: