Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Hello Hello?



Back on line. The Frontier Phone Man, yes, that's what they are - the Frontier Phone Company (remember this is Northern Appalachia) kindly gave me a new motem. Hopefully it is kitty-proof, but I have my doubts. Now, if my computer was safely stashed in a cabinet (husband hates big furniture as he is a minimalist and never lived in one place for long before he married me) I would not have these worries. I am trying to be good and not complain on my journal. I have MUCH to be thankful for, most of the time! I am very excited about going to New Jersey to see the most beautiful, sweet, kind, and hardest working daughter in the WORLD. Oh, and her fiance, too. (hee-hee). Mia and Andrew are cooking Thanksgiving dinner and Andrew's parents will join us! Yay, a Thanksgiving with humans - family even! Mia is going to make my favorite yam casserole. Life is good! Kimmie Cornerstone is due to arrive any second. I bet she is in Wal-Mart, wildly running up and down the aisles, buying cheap American goods. I don't mind if WM makes her want to cross the border and visit me. I'm all ready for Mia's shower, with a van full of wrapped presents. It might be slightly embarrassing giving her all these presents but I don't care. She deserves every gift she gets then some. I am also excited about seeing AJ, Mia's twin brother who is busy getting ready to become an ordained Christian Orthodox priest, and many old New Jersey friends I haven't laid eyes on for years. Some have made their way to Rhinebeck and Maryland Sheep and Wool to see me, but others have remained far away. 200 miles is not a great distance but can be an eternity for busy people whose lives are not very flexible. Well, back to packing. I've been cleaning bunny cages, trying to tidy up, an impossible task, but I'm trying. Kim is one of the view people who are totally non-judmental and loves me no matter what my place looks like. The creative mind is seldom a tidy place! I will leave you with something soooo exciting - a fiber artist who has been spinning my Mother Fiber got in touch with me. She is Vanessa Yvonne and her blog is Nessaland at www.vanessayvonne.blogspot.com. Check out her Flicker photostream and you will see my fiber under Maggie. She is a phenomenal spinner and I'm in awe of what she's been doing with my fiber. Have a lovely Thanksgiving everyone, for we truly have much to be grateful for. Bye for now. See you in the mythical land of New Jersey, where girls NEVER have to get out and pump their own gas!!

2 comments:

Crazy Lady with purple fingers said...

Have a great time Maggie, you need it!!

Tiggeriffic said...

Happy Thanksgiving~! A time to be with friends, family~!
I love the food,eating it and smelling it and then eating again.
Isn't that what Thanksgiving is all about? Being blessed by God and then eating all that good food.. Have a great time in New Jersey...I'll have fun in Illinois ~ 40 minutes from downtown Chicago... ta ta for now..from Iowa