Thursday, November 25, 2010

Greetings from Morristown on Thanksgiving


After walking Kim and Crew through the farm routine, packing and loading, we set off for NJ and made it to Morristown in record 3 hour time. I think the fact that Matt couldn't smoke in the van with me and reeeally needed a cigarette helped get us there faster. We picked up Mia at the hospital after a 14 hour shift and went out for a bite at my favorite upstairs sushi nook, Nagano. Mia's fellow nurse friend, Kim, joined us. She was completing five days on duty so she could attend Mia's shower tomorrow. I don't know how these young nurses do it - Kim had seven critical patients to care for and chart on yesterday. As I picked up Mia the trauma helicopter was coming in with another customer. I was painfully cognisant of how precious our time together on this holiday is. We settled in to Mia's adorable apartment with jammies and herb tea. We fell into our beds after chatting as long as we could manage it. I slept like a baby until my internal alarm clock put a stop to it at 6 am. Coffee, British Country Living, Mary Jane's Farm, Artful Blogging and Rolling Stone Magazine were all waiting for me on the coffee table. Mia and Andrew are cooking while the Macy's Parade is on TV, then the doggies on parade. I feel so fortunate to be with Mia and Andrew, for having Matt here and Kim on the farm taking care of everybody. Life is so fleeting and precarious. The house is filled with scrumptious smells wafting about. Andrew's parents are coming to join us, then hopefully AJ later. Life is good...

No comments: