Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday Early AM Post Thanksgiving Musings


There is something about dark, cold, early winter mornings that I love. I'm inside where it's warm and cozy with my favorite kitties and the indoor doggies. I have my big, soft Salvation Army sofa that I don't have to worry about spilling coffee on, and I am alone with my thoughts. The sheep are just outside, and I only have to go through two doors to be with them. I am filled with emotional musings over the holiday weekend, and so grateful that this Thanksgiving was the happy polar opposite of last year when Matt was in the hospital gravely ill with kidney disease. Kim, Jared and Lindsay took super care of the farm while I was away, otherwise it would have been a tense and worried weekend. I was only gone three days but it was filled with enough joy and memories to last for years. I treasure every moment with my only daughter, the great joy of my life. We enjoyed our first holiday meal, artfully prepared by the Young Couple, with Andrew's parents and got to know them better. I relaxed in Mia's lovely Victorian apartment while knitting, browsing my favorite magazines, and watching movies with my feet up. Matt and I prepared the lavender hearts in tulle with orchid ribbon shower favors and packed the goody bags. Everyone got a soap heart, a jar of hand creme and a candy. I made a Maggie's Farm gift basket filled with one each of my soaps, some hand creme, a candle and more hearts. The bridesmaids held a raffle with several baskets for guests to win. Who won my basket? My lawyer - Pat Smits! I told Andrew if it was not for Pat I would have raised Mia and AJ on top of a pizzeria instead of in a classy development. I'm not sure he was ready for that much candor, but he knows our history, and with emotions riding high it just blurted out. Life is a reality show, with new episodes happening daily. Who needs television?

No comments: