Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Gloomy


I did not hear a single thing about politics today in school. I was depressed about the outcome of the election all day. We had a teacher's meeting after work and not one of the hyper-educated people in the room mentioned the election. Am I obsessing about this? Over reacting? Oh, if only we had Hillary in office. I know she would have held on to the House and somehow gotten more people back to work. Now we have the Tan Man third in line to be President. God save us from the Republicans. There goes support for the arts, health care, education, animals and the poor. Tax breaks for the rich and favorable legislation for big corporations and banks is their modus operandi. The only thing that could save us now would be for them to nominate Sarah Palin to run for President. Then there would be such an outpouring of protest from the people Obama would surely be re-elected. I'm going to wash dishes, the activity I save for when I'm miserable for reasons other than washing all those dishes.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Hi Maggie:
It's just a big pendulum that constantly swings past the center and then off to the right or left. The economy is indeed awful and I don't see how we ever pay off the incredible debt that we have accumulated. It is a Herculian problem that neither Obama or Hillary can fix. I don't think that the Republicans or Tea Partyers have any magic solutions either. Our problems started when we gave away our manufacturing base and got used to low priced foreign goods.

Jill said...

very scary times ahead. I couldn't even bring myself to watch any serious tv - just DVD's like the Fantastic Mr Fox.