Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Holidays


I am still sitting at my desk in school, almost afraid to go out into the rain and storm I see going on outside my window. I'm feeling nervous and apprehensive, and that could mean trouble. My children tell me I am a witch who knows what people are thinking and who can forecast bad tidings. Maybe it was just the day I had here in school. The afternoon got better, but my morning was one bizarre episode after another. You can make this stuff up. Suffice it to say one situation included a student with a chunk of raw deer meat in his hand wanting to use my classroom kitchen to cook it - complete with a grahic photo of the poor animal after it was dispatched. Okay, I may live in the country but I am not that "country." Days before holiday weekends are usually light and euphoric around here, but there were calls from schools wanting information and paperwork, and many loose ends to tie up. Oh, well, gotta deal! I don't know if I will be able to post at home, since the lovely "Frontier" phone company (aptly named!!) lost my repair request made yesterday, and don't know when they can fix my motem (motum?) at home. They promised (another promise!) to send someone out, but then will the repair person be able to 1) find my barn 2) realize there are people living in the barn and not the house next door and 3) figure out how to get in the barn. Would the request to "blow the horn until someone (husband) comes out" be included in the repair ticket? I would like Kim and Company to have internet access when they are camped on the farm while I go to New Jersey to be with my daughter. One can only live and hope. In the meantime - I'm going to tidy up and "woman up" and get out into the rain and darkness. Tomorrow, Kimmie and Crew are coming - brave souls! - to take over my farm for three days so I can go away. This time last year Matt was gravely ill with failing kidneys and had to be rushed to Cooperstown from Hamilton so a urologist could figure out what was going on. I had Thanksgiving with my doggies and kitties. Oh, did they love their very own turkey dinner! This year Mia and my future son-in-law are cooking! I'm so happy and excited for them. Okay, hold on to that positive vibe and get going!

No comments: