Monday, October 19, 2009

Wild Fibers Dinner


Linda Cortright, editor of Wild Fibers Magazine, hosts a dinner every year at NY State Sheep and Wool. This year she celebrated five years of publication of her fabulous magazine, the National Geographic of the fiber world (I think I said that first but someone else got credit for it!). We were seated in the back corner where vendors tables were situated. Smart move on Linda's part, as many eyes closed, mouths fell open and heads tilted back when the slide show started. We were one tired, bedraggled group. After all, our bellies were full of delicious food and it was the first rest we had all day. I saw some lost sheep in New Zealand being air lifted back to their station before I drifted off to Never-Never land. I woke up when the show was over around 9 pm. We made our way back to the trailer and crawled in. I woke up at 2, typical, and knitted until 4 am. Back to sleep and up at 7 feeling refreshed and satisfied at having such a wonderful Saturday at the show.

No comments: