Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Lovely Visit





I love going to Mia's place. She and Monika have an adorable, cozy apartment in the land of the Beautiful Blondes. The shower is filled with dozens of bottles of high-end shampoos, body washes and hair conditioners. I put the skeins of handspun I gave Mia on the floor of the bathtub and let those high $$ potions run through the yarn while I swished them around with my feet and shampooed my own hair. Mia made me a luscious, nutritious dinner, organic and whole grain, with white wine, then treated me to a cup of chamomile tea. We looked at magazines then perused the Fabric Guru web site for living room curtain fabrics. The tall windows are lovely during the day but dark and cold at night. We're trying to find something that compliments the wine colored walls and neutral furniture. I love to sew for Mia. I can't pay for her MSN or buy her a house, but she will always have new curtains, shams, bedspreads and slipcovers. We went to bed, watched TV and chatted until we couldn't hold our eyelids open another minute. Sweet dreams...

No comments: