Tuesday, October 06, 2009

My Barn, My Rules


I climbed the hill with the doggies in the predawn this morning, looking for my sheep. I had to go to Utica to pick up Matt last night, where he had managed to get a ride from work. Still dealing with transportation issues until I get my new old van on the road. I couldn't let the sheep out until I got home after nightfall and felt sorry about putting them back in before I went to bed. I love the pre-dawn time, when little tickles of sunrise are feeling their way across the sky, and the stars are still bright. No sheep up there so I returned to the barn to find they had tucked themselves in. Back outside to close the gate. They are in for the day. There's still a bit of grass out there and I hope to use it as long as I can. Not a lot of hay came from across the road. Jan's owned that field for three years and for three years I've watched other farmers haul hay out of there. Not what we had planned when they moved up here to go into the hay business with me. Oh, well, gotta deal with it. I have to be in to work early today for a family meeting. It got a little rough in the classroom yesterday. I find out what kind of guts I have when they start testing their limits. The pillow Kim gave me says it all: MY BARN - MY RULES!

1 comment:

miaaviva said...

that is such a great pillow! I love it and can't wait to come to the farm!!!