Tuesday, October 20, 2009

More Rhinebeck Afterthoughts


I'm still tired from the weekend, and my mind keeps wandering back to the show where I had so much fun. Some random thoughts...

Dr. Mark Jordan, a chiropractor turned massage therapist, said he got positive vibes from me and spontaneously gave me a neck and shoulder massage. I was so grateful for the relief he gave me from tight muscles, I sent him home with soap and creme for his family. His wife came back the next day and told me how much fun their kids had playing with the soap fabric. Her husband, the doctor, was going to combine my creme with more oil to use on his massage clients.

A female couple came by and were very chatty and friendly. I noticed one of their bags was a US Army back pack. I asked where she got it and she said she just got back from Iraq. This soldier was just SO happy to be back home, safe and sound, she was brimming over with joy and happiness. Maybe it was fatigue, or nervous exhaustion, but I welled up with tears, thinking about what she had been through and what could have happened to her, and embarrassed everybody in the booth. She went home with a bag of soap and creme, too. Matt told her what infantry outfit AJ was in before he went to chaplain school and she became serious and quiet. I think that outfit has been hit hard in their deployment, and I think they have been deployed to Iraq more than once - this is after the Gitmo year that AJ was a part of.

Please, let's bring them ALL HOME!

No comments: