Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I'm Sleepy


Now that it's getting dark early I think my body instinctively wants to hunker down in a cave for the winter. I don't dare go to bed too early or it will be a 4:30 AM morning again for me. I have plenty to do. A teacher at work saw another teacher carrying my Celestial Bag and asked if I had another one. I do but it's in pieces so I promised her I would sew it together. I had several stops to make on the way home; the bank, the vet for cat medicine, and I got pumpkins from my farmer neighbor, Bob Maxim, for my GED class to carve tomorrow. They are gorgeous, big and round, for $4 each. I thought about cooking them afterwards and making pumpkin pies, but I am supposed to teach them and can't take too much time with "fun" things. Fortunately there is a "life skills" component to the curriculum, so we can play a little bit. Bob Maxim has 50 round bales he wants to sell me, dry and beautiful, under a giant tarp. They are first cut, not as good as second cut, but lovely with heads still on. The round bales I purchased, but were never delivered, are down the road, soaked through from the last few days of rain. I don't want them now. For the life of me I will never understand why farmers would spend all the time and fuel money to make round bales and leave them uncovered, but the fields around here are full of them. Sure, there might be some good hay inside but much of it is ruined. "The cows pick through it," they tell me, but why waste all the other parts?Sure wish I had a tractor with a fork to move them around. Better get some chores done 'cause I am fading fast.

2 comments:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

HUGS you!!!
Are you going to feed the sheep the pumpkins when its all over? I foundout another shpherd friend of mine feeds pumpkins to her sheep as a natural wormer. Thought that was kinda cool.
Have fun -stay warm and dry!!!!
Kim and crew

Henya said...

Get some rest. I love your bags, I am having so much fun using mine.