Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Wednesday Night


Went outside this morning to find Finn and Knut by their igloos, like good doggies. Finn had a headless wild bunny in his mouth. He let me put him back on his line, holding on to his prize. I wonder how he got the rabbit. Maybe she was in her hole and he caught her there? I can't imagine Finn running as fast as a wild bunny. Nevertheless, Bodie (remember how I told you about Bodie killing bunnies?)decided he wanted that bunny carcass. I saw them snarling and barking at each other, snout to snout. Next time I looked, Bodie had the headless bunny. He roughed it off Finn and ate it, I think. Off to work, leaving the giant day care center to fend for itself, while I went to mingle with the complicated humans. This has been a rough year and I am drained. Small school with all the schtick of a big high school, but with fewer people it is amplified. Pairs of friends and little cliques. I'm a lone ranger. It's always been that way with me so I'm used to it. Sheep and dogs are much easier to figure out. Thankfully there are others who are upset about the courtyard gardens being removed, but I don't know who they are. My end of the school doesn't seem concerned about it at all, or if they are, they are not complaining. There were no emails or announcements explaining why the trees and shrubs were ripped out. I thought it was handled very poorly. I just printed out a sign with a big WHY? and taped it to the courtyard window. It was removed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Put a sign back on the door saying "I ask again, why?" Keep putting up a sign each time it's taken down until someone finally inquires about it! Beat them at their own game!

Now about the good doggies, they know where the food is good and the lodging is great. They'll come back -- in their own time. And Bodie still rules the kingdom. He is still alpha, creaky bones and all -- it's a good thing all around that Finn understood that!

Hang in there at school, there will be a break. Someone will come along and fit right into your mindset ---- god willing -- it just might be me. Keep fingers crossed and watch over my field for me in the meanwhile.

Hugs and snuggles to all the furry critters, kisses not reqested ...

:)