Friday, April 11, 2008

Lots to Do


First day of spring break. Rainy and yucky, but looks like a good week ahead when we get past the rainy weekend. Have to get more hay in, what else is new?, sew a bag for a customer, get pictures printed for my Adopt-a-Lamb angels, cut out more bags, cut out Mia's new curtains, duvet cover and bed pillows from that drop dead gorgeous Sally Campbell fabric, and clean the apt. (Let's not and say we did.) I have more alpaca fleeces in the tractor shed to list in my Etsy store, soap to wrap, it goes on and on. Have to pack and ship my last Robin wheel and my Fricke e-spinner. This winter has been too costly in too many ways, but spring is here and I have to keep a positive attitude and keep busy. AJ called last night and we had a wonderful conversation all about his two weeks at Fort Irwin in California with his National Guard outfit. It was his first encampment as a Chaplain and a lieutenant and he loved it. What a perfect fit and I am so thrilled for him (and me, not having to worry about him any more just yet.) He is really enjoying the respect the position of chaplain affords him, and is grateful for the opportunity to help his fellow soldiers. I hope he starts a MSW degree sometime in the near future, as he is already doing some spousal counselling without much training in that area. I asked him to go over to Eric and Annie's and kiss Hannah and Luke for me. Mia is headed out to Las Vegas on Friday and they will all be together again. Wish I could be there with them, but it just didn't work out this time. Better get out to the barn and start chores.

No comments: