Tuesday, April 08, 2008

First Swim of the Season


Bodie was so happy to swim in the pond and retrieve his beloved tennis ball. I think it helps to stretch out his stiff arthritic legs. I know it makes him feel young again. Bodie was ten in March and I know he is on the downhill slope. I remember picking him up at the Seeing Eye in Morristown. My dear friend, Carol Hewson, is a nurse there. Bodie's litter mate was diagnosed as a puppy with some kind of doggie MS. They decided to adopt out the whole litter. Carol recommended me and I was accepted as a puppy mother. When I went to pick him up I had to put on a surgical jump suit and covers on my shoes. I stood next to a dog run and a little door slid open. Out bounced a ball, followed by several round, golden puff balls. Bodie was one of them. I'll never forget it. Bodie was not touched by the neurological problem his littermate had. I don't know if he would have made it as a guide dog as he has quite a temper and loves to kill anything with fur (a couple of my bunnies met a terrible fate between those massive jaws).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cannon-ball!