Thursday, April 17, 2008

First Bundaflicka Bag



This is the first Bundaflicka Bag of the season. A nice lady ordered it on line and I finally got it done yesterday. It is the first of many I will be sewing in the next few months. Bags do well at my four fall shows, especially Rhinebeck, where they march out of the booth regularly. They are such HARD work, from cutting to the final sewing on of the hand made button - but they sell and people appreciate their durability and beauty. I've been sewing all my life and never had something so well received. At one time I made drapes and slipcovers for people, which was the worst slavery and drudgery imaginable, and the customer would stand there and just stare in silence. It made me insane. Now I make a bag, take it to a show, sit back, and watch the people oooohh and aaahhh, then hand over the cash. With all these mouths to feed it suits me just fine. Rhinebeck can't come fast enough for me this year.

No comments: