Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Cold, Crisp and Clear


Winter is back, with temps going down to the 20's tonight. I came home from school and put on my ski underwear and wool socks. It is gloriously beautiful outside, with the grass so green it hurts your eyes, and it's still bright daylight at 6:30 at night. I am crazy busy getting ready for Maryland Sheep and Wool. I found a box of lavender soap that needed wrapping. I managed to get a collection of bags together, so much work but they came out so beautiful. Three or four need buttons and I need Sculpey clay. I got a tray of clove oil shaving soap poured last night and breathed some awful fumes which made me quite agitated and feeling ill but the worst part was that it made me feel so wide awake. I last looked at the clock at 2 and had to get up at six. It was a rough day at work but the kids were okay. I am working with one student on some very basic skills and I find it so gratifying. Funny how kids who are so unruly together are pussycats in a one on one situation. Came home and got to work wrapping the soap which I had gotten half done last night. Kelly is running off labels for me tonight. Mia, Bless Her Ever So Wonderful Heart, sent me the ingredients for my Shepherd's Friend Hand Creme, and brushes/dishes for the shaving soap. I shudder to think how much she spent on shipping, but she wanted me to feel good about my booth. I have more wool than I can cram into the booth. If I manage to get there in one piece and keep my wits about myself I should be okay. I'm sure I won't be the only one there pushing myself to the limit. The weather will be cool and rainy, better for the sheep being hauled in trailers from all over the country. Last I heard they get 30,000 people through the gate. They don't charge admission and that helps. Maryland is very supportive of the sheep industry. Have to get through dinner and chores, then I can make some cream. The animals don't know that Mommy is busy and doesn't have much time for them. The sheep are yelling for hay and the dogs want to be walked. The bunnies wait patiently for their food, and the chickens always look happy - clucking and scratching around. I have a little hen sitting on eggs high up on a rafter. Last year she hatched chicks up there. Luckily I heard the chick that fell out of the nest before the kitties got it. Better get going. I have to get some sleep tonight. I am definitely going to stay away from the steaming clove oil.

No comments: