Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring Break


Monday morning, and a whole week off to go. I am never really off with the farm to take care of, but just being able to stay home and enjoy my critters is a real treat. My internal alarm clock woke me up at 5:30. I tried to lie there an enjoy it, but nature called. When I swung my legs over the side the dogs jumped up and ran for the door. I let them out then tried to lie back down, but the barking and scratching to get back in put a stop to that luxury. Matt put hay out before he left for work so I have a little while to spin. It's been cold and a bit wintery here but the sun comes in and out and I got in some great walks with the doggies over the weekend. Mia gave me a Barnes and Noble gift card for Christmas that I still had not redeemed. I asked Matt if we could go there last night. With gas at $3.40 a gallon here in Central New York, trips anywhere are so costly I think twice, then three times, about going anywhere. I needed to get pictures printed for my lamb moms and pick up some frames. We cleaned the apartment floor - what a difference when you can see the pretty knotty pine wood! - and got chores done early. I took the doggies up the hill and was grateful when Finn and Knut came right back to their igloos to be tied up. Barnes and Noble was just lovely...and I even found, hidden behind some other magazines, one copy of April's British Country Living! What a nice surprise. They sell out so quickly. I snatched it up and picked out some other mags I adore, like Quilting Arts, Cloth Paper Scissors, and the new quarterley issue of Haute Handbags. OH, was it wonderful. The handbags are so very artsy, and just amazing. I got a lot of great ideas for handmade bags, for when I stray from my standard Bundaflicka bag pattern. Mia's card covered my Country Living, a Fine Homebuilding for Matt, with a cappucino and cheesecake for us to share. It seemed that I just got settled down at the table when they announced the store was closing! Home to the farm just in time for the tale end of John Adams then a rerun of the new Tudors. Queen Anne looks so good pregnant. Glad she's enjoying herself for now, as it will all come crashing down when she gives birth to Elizabeth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bet that wasn't what you had in mind when you bought those red tubs! How cute ...