Friday, April 18, 2008

No Water


Last night before I went to bed I noticed the water was slowed down to a tiny trickle. Something is wrong with the well, the pump, whatever. With almost 200 animals drinking water on a hot day this is serious. The fact that I have "third day hair" is also serious. My scalp is itching already. Matt called in to the weatherization office and told them he would be late. I pray he can fix it. I fill two big stock tanks twice a day, plus two more galvanized tubs in the boys' pens. I can run a hose over to Chris Kupris' house (former farm owner) and take water from his well. Their well ran dry over the summer, as it is much more shallow than ours. Having a neighbor near by is very handy at times. That still doesn't give me household water. This could be very interesting...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about the water situation. Nothing worse then No Water. I hope Matt can fix it without a plumber coming out.

Maggie's Farm said...

I was hopeful too but no deal. Matt replaced the electric parts but it's still broken. Finally found a well guy, but he's crazy busy and can't come until tomorrow. We'll have to use the Sister's hose until then. Boo-hoo, no shampoo!!