Thursday, August 02, 2007

Wild and Crazies


Lynne of Sockladyspins.blogspot.com fame is knitting me a pair of her marvelous socks. I ordered some for my birthday coming up (don't worry I gave her a lot of notice) and she started knitting right away. I have been lusting after Lynne's socks for a long time as I am an avid reader of her blog. Lynne is very faithful about posting her activities, which I appreciate. Lynne cards her fiber on a Patrick Green Supercard and spins very fine to knit her fabulous socks. Her use of all those colors is just amazing. She lives in the way-back-yonder of British Columbia, Canada, all by herself and does just fine. Lynne makes periodic trips into "town" for supplies and car maintenance. Bears wander through her yard on a regular basis. I'm always fascinating by women living alone on the "frontier." Lynne makes it look easy. I'm very excited about my socks, which I plan to wear in my booth for people to see when I spin without shoes. I hope people think I knitted them, but if they ask I will happily tell them to contact "Sockladyspins!"

No comments: