Monday, August 06, 2007

Spendor in the Grass




The recent rains gave the grass a growth spurt and we have little green shoots coming up between the stiff stalks of old hay. The sheep and goats eat between them. Skies are cloudy this morning, perfect for taking a walk and giving everyone a look-see. So much of shepherding is watching, waiting and looking for problems. A happy, healthy sheep with a good coat of wool growing is eye candy for me. After a difficult move last summer, early breeding and winter birthing I am ready to take a year off. I have a beautiful new ram purchased from Kathy Davidson who I will use on a couple of purebreds, but that's it for the sheep. Goats are so easy, but same thing goes for them. I will only breed a couple of my best black does. Love my black girls!

No comments: