Saturday, August 04, 2007

Almost 4 PM and No Post Yet?


Uh, Oh, I better document myself or I might go POOF!! I remember Jan gently chiding me, update your blog, update your blog. I just couldn't get into it. Now I can't stop. It started when I found myself living alone on the frontier. The computer was my link to the outside. I saw no one except people at my new job, then clerks in stores, then the critters. Alone at night in the trailer or the milk room, or wandering around the sheep in the barn. Not receiving too many emails or phone calls, I decided to SEND bulletins - to everyone who wanted to listen!! I can say whatever I want without being scolded by list moderators, and I can attach pictures. And I have the satisfaction of making some kind of record of my experiences here. I have relatives who did incredible things, I hear, but I have no idea what they were like, or what they had to say for themselves. And this way, my kids can always log on and know what their crazy mother is doing, like it or not. After a trip to Tractor Supply today, which gave me pangs for Hannah and Luke, who rode around on top of an enormous pile of bags on the special cart and loved it, I let the sheep out. This required riding up and down the road to keep them from squeezing under the inadequate fence to run across the road. Yes, the grass is always greener! I made a quick stop in the tractor shed to check on my fiber stash. Ooohhhhhhh, ahhhhh, I have enough to survive another world war. Yes, blankets are the way to go. If only I had a Juanita and Juan working for me to help sort through them all and get them washed. MacAusland requires 12 pounds dirty or 6 pounds clean wool for a queen sized blanket. I should be able to get a few dozen out of my stash without digging too deep. Then come on winter, I'll be ready.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Maggie! I love the basket of kitties!!! They're so cute...it almost hurts to look at them. Your pictures are so beautiful!