Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Full Moon on the Hill


Went out last night to bring the sheep in and marvelled at the moon. It was as bright as daylight. The sheep were bedded down all over the hill, and I hated to move them, but I thought the light would bring the coyotes out. It's much easier for the dogs to protect them nearer the barn. I still can't trust Finn and Knut to stay close. Last winter I saw something odd at the end of the barn (inside) and found a giant hogs head they brought home from the farm down the road. It must have weighed 50 pounds. Izzy and Holly helped me get the sheep up and into the barnyard. Their "herding" consists mostly of running around and getting the sheep excited, but the sheep knew where to go. A lunar eclipse took place at 5 this morning. I set the alarm to get up and check, but a cloud cover had moved in to partially obscure the moon. Story of my life it seems...Beautiful sky, though, and I did manage to go back to sleep for a while. Woke up to say goodbye to Matt, who told me he let all the dogs out!!!!! What's that song,"Who Let the Dogs Out!!" The other story of my life.

1 comment:

miaaviva said...

the moon is beautiful tonight!!! made me think of you!!
oxoxoxoxox
maggie moon!!