Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Evening Walk






The heat and humidity seemed to subside a bit toward evening so I decided to risk our evening walk. How could I explain to the doggies that Mommy is too hot to walk up the hill? We followed the goats up the hill - they turned left at the pond, our destination. I have a chair up there now and enjoy relaxing while I throw Bodie's ball. One game we play is for me to demand that he bring the ball right to me. He would rather make me get up and walk over to it, but I am firm. I keep saying, "ball HERE, Bodie" and point to the ground right in front of me. He will drop it a little farther away to see if he can get away with that, then I say ball here and he drops it a little closer, and on and on. Finally he puts it in the right spot and I throw it. He loves that game. The White Boys stand in the water and watch us play. Jasper runs singing his Georgia hound dog song through the woods, and Holly and Tanner play on the edge of the pond. Holly is an excellent swimmer and sometimes snatches the ball. She doesn't understand the "ball here" part and can mess up our game by running away with the ball and losing it in the grass...so I generally try to throw it toward Bodie, while letting Holly have some fun. We followed the goats back down the hill. My land is kind of up and down with little hollows here and there. The goats love it because lots of little bushes and funny grasses are growing here and there. My land has not been hayed for years and seeds have come floating in from here and there and planted themselves. I have some ornamental things growing down by the road which I will try to remember to pick and use them for Christmas decorating.

No comments: