Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Made In Peru


Kathleen knitted three beautiful hats for me to sell this winter. I sent her the yarn and she went to work. Kathleen is a Colorado farm girl who grew up on a farm with lots of fiber on the hoof. She went to Peru on a humanitarian mission with the Air National Guard several years ago and fell in love with a Peruvian citizen. So there she stayed! Kathleen's sister has an alpaca and angora goat ranch in Colorado She longs for the farm and the animals. Kathleen lives in the city now, and knitting with natural fibers gives her a taste of the critters back home. I'm so thankful to her for doing this contract knitting for me. I just can't knit as much as I want to, and love having some natural fiber knitted items at my booth. Thanks a million, Kathleen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those hats are beautiful!!!