Monday, August 27, 2007

Gee, Don't You Think They Have Enough Room?


Grrrrrrrrr....half my dogs have run away. I had a miserable night...sat up until 1 spinning then left the bedroom door open. Petunia had come back and I wanted her to be able to come into my bedroom. What I got was Holly, who has a body like a water heater, with four wooden broomsticks for legs, in between us and pushing me out of the bed all night. Finally at 7 I asked Matt to take the dogs out. He had to get up for work anyway. He opened the door and let them all out loose. Thanks, Matt! Oh, was I glad to see him leave for work. He's sick with a cold and I was tired of listening to the whining and complaining. Why is it that women suffer in silence and do their jobs, while men make everyone around them miserable when they are sick??? He came with me to get groceries, then went to bed around 2 in the afternoon, with me bringing him every form of comfort you can imagine (well, not that form of comfort...I don't want to get sick!) Glad he was well enough to back to work today. I need to make more soap, sew bags, sweep the barn, many other tidy up tasks. Have to check on the llamas. Those naughty boys ran away yesterday! I was rummaging through the tractor shed, looking for curtains for Mia's new apartment. Found all kind of wonderful stuff, including a bag full of black alpaca roving and many pounds of my own roving. I will probably have it made into yarn. I don't do enough shows to sell it all. It doesn't sell on the web site. Maybe I should announce a "destashing sale" on spin-sales. Would rather have yarn made. Anyway, someone drove up and told me my llamas were up by the trailer across the road from the tip of the hill, beyond the land that I lease next to mine. I couldn't believe it and jumped in the truck to go find them. Spoiled rotten boys, when they heard my horn they high-tailed it down the road, full tilt, a beautiful sight I must say, to see full fleeced llamas on the run, and back onto my land. OH, if only I had $10,000 burning a hole in my pocket for fencing!! I confess I do take pleasure in seeing them in the great expanse of the little mountain I live on. I rescued them from a pitiful little pen with hardened ground under them and nothing green to chew on. In the meantime, I found some gorgeous yellow, red and green plaid drapery panels for Mia's room. She painted it pale yellow. I am bring her a dresser and mirror my WONDERFUL friend Jan gave me to replace her kiddie French provincial one. It is dark oak and will fit in beautifully with the earthy tones they decorated the apt. with. I have another set of drapes for her but ofcourse they are lost somewhere and will only surface when I am not looking for them.

No comments: