Saturday, April 23, 2011

Soapy


I'm making LOTS of soap. I could wash an army or a small country clean with all this soap. Soap is a good thing. It's the gift that keeps on giving. It never goes bad, as a matter of fact, the older soap is the better it is. Old soap, due to the fact that all the water has evaporated, lathers better and doesn't melt as fast. The scent may dissipate, but not the quality of the soap. I make it the same way I've been making it for 15 years, pouring the molten liquid into wax paper milk cartons and cutting it by hand after it's set. Sure I've lusted after fancy molds and pot-tippers, but they haven't happened yet and now I'm set in my ways. My soap is full of wonderful things that feed your skin - shea butter, honey, oatmeal, goat milk, olive oil and lovely essential herbal oils. I sometimes use "fragrance oils" if a particular scent appeals to me, but I prefer real oils that have a purpose in addition to smell. Yes, I like soap. My bath tub is full of it, as a bar from every batch is tested on the family - no animal testing here! My soap is people tested!

1 comment:

Marilla said...

I love your soap too-I bought some at Rhinebeck a couple of years ago and enjoyed it very much. I agree about liking essential herbal oils over fragrance oils as I have a sensitivity to a lot of artificial fragrances and the essential oils don't seem to bother me.