Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blustery Weather


Very windy with mighty gusts bending the trees and shaking the barn. Giant black cloud systems blowing through, then sun and white clouds, then more black and wind. That is so Brookfield. My little valley seems to attract dramatic weather which I adore. The systems come off Lake Ontario and blow due east to my area. It's still quite cold and the grass that is peeking up through the thatch is not very anxious to come up much higher. It can't come too fast for me and the sheep. I'm still picking mohair. I've really got to break away and work on other things - but the pull of the fiber is great. I'd like to get one more run of roving done. I have so much fiber but not enough time to work with it. Sure wish I had another pair of hands around here. If I can manage I will skirt some fleeces and bring them to Maryland to sell as raw wool. I haven't done that yet but I'd like to see how it goes. I have more soap to cut up, labels to make, fabric to cut, then the wrapping. I'll try to get some bags done this weekend. The new baby doe is coming along nicely. She is just too cute and sweet. Have to get some rest tonight. I think I sucked up some dye fumes tonight as I'm feeling kinda woozy - very unusual for me.

1 comment:

Kim said...

If I was closer I'd be another Kimmy Cornerstone for you! But I'm as far west in NY as you can go. :-(
Sending you positive thoughts and strength!
Kim