Thursday, April 07, 2011

Roz is Rowing Again


Roz Savage, British long-distance ocean rower and environmentalist, is about to set out from Western Australia to row across the Indian Ocean. Roz rows to bring attention to the health of our oceans, specifically, the issue of plastic garbage killing wildlife. Every time I stuff a plastic shopping bag into the little kitchen cabinet I think of Roz and curse myself for not bringing cloth bags to the grocery store. Maybe next trip. I'm saving my plastic bags to stuff sofa pillows and dog beds, rather than put them into the garbage chain where they might end up in the ocean. Roz is an incredibly courageous woman who has rowed from the West Coast of California to Hawaii, then from Hawaii to Australia, with love for the oceans in every stroke. I'm in awe of her. Let's support Roz and her heroic efforts.

2 comments:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Cool :) Have you read her book yet? I'm on the wait list for the library.
HUGS Kim and crew
trying to get everything done for my dad's birthday party tomorrow.

Four Owls Farm said...

Thankyou for posting about Roz, I watched the Youtube video she has on her biography page, (on her website) and it is inspiring! Suzy