Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lots to Do




On deck for today - cook up some soap, sort and pick more wool, and get a bag sewn. The wool picking takes an incredible amount of time, pulling the locks apart and removing every burdock and bit of hay, one at a time. I don't mind doing it in front of the TV at night, but I don't have much time to get it out to the carding mill so he can get it back to me in Maryland. I have to shear earlier next year. As it is I only have half the animals shorn now and don't know when I can get Jim back here along with enough help, etc. Have to do it in June before the wool felts on the animals from heat and rain. Worries, worries. I'm "off" this week and have so much to get done it scares me to think about it....so I'll just keep up the pace and see what happens. Maybe I'll surprise myself and show up in Maryland with a train load of soap, wool and bags.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Loved seeing all the shearing photos. Glad the weather cooperated! And thanks again for the soap shipment...most of the poison ivy has cleared up, and I've been bathing Perdita with your soap as well. She likes standing in the warm water much better now that her bones are getting older, and it's nice to cuddle with a sweet-smelling chihuahua. Now if you could just start making doggie breath mints...