Friday, April 01, 2011

Hardly a Snow


The April First Storm was a dud, hardly a dusting out there. I don't mind going to work on Friday as everyone is happy about the weekend. Now, a Monday snow storm is a real blessing. I woke up with the wool I was picking into the night still sitting in the bags all around me. Thank you, kitties and doggies for not "playing" with it during the night. I'm on a roll with my wool, picking, sorting and washing. I get lost in the crimp and locks, feeling it, smelling it, gazing at it. "Going back to the stars" as a sheep-friend described it. That's why I have the critters...for wool, for company, and to gaze into their great big eyes. The dye pots are boiling every night. Better get rolling and take the doggies up the muddy, mushy dark hill - then back into the barn for chores, then wash up and clean clothes and I am gone. These five day work weeks are tough. But first, another cup of Multatelli's Thor's Hammer, courtesy of Kimmie Cornerstone and her team-mate Darryl.

No comments: