Sunday, December 21, 2008

Where's the Stollen?


I'm going to see my first born and his brood tomorrow. I get to be a grandma for a few days. How wonderful. Can't wait to feel those little Lukie arms around my neck. I'm tip-toeing around now trying to find the Christmas Stollen Mia brought me from Morristown. I heard her wake up at 3:30 to take the doggies out (what a trooper). If those monkeys jumped up and got my stollen off the counter (how could I have forgotten to put it in a safe place?) I'll murder them. Can't find a wrapper on the floor...did they eat that, too? Have to make a batch of cream then pack to leave. Yes, it's snowing. If we were here in Brookfield for Christmas that would be all too perfect...but travelling in Mia's little Hyundai? Mia and I drove through a "historic" blizzard to get to Louisville, Ky, for Christmas with the Eric, Annie and the kiddies five years ago. We were driving a tiny four cyclinder putt-putt Honda then. Got a pair of socks knitted on that trip. Ice and snow all the way. Hope my plane takes off from Newark tomorrow. Bringing more knitting and I'll get some magazines to read, including the Mary Jane's Farm Christmas issue Mia just brought me. She's been combing the stores for British Country Living but no deal - the Christmas issues are like hen's teeth. Speaking of hens, I better suit up and get out in the barn. By the way, my favorite blogger knitter, www.sockladyspins.blogspot.com is in a contest with another knitter friend to see how many blog followers they have. The loser has to knit a pair of fingerless socks for the winner. Lynne lives alone in the wilds of western Canada, up in the mountains where she doesn't even get mail every day. She's just gotten her Canadian citizenship after her Canadian husband brought her there then passed away. She's a world class knitter and faithful blogger. I can always count on a daily update, unless she is travelling to fiber events in the US. Please check out her blog and sign up to follow if you like it. The knitting and spinning and, sometimes, wild-life photos are spectacular. Happy Christmas everyone. Please remember, Jesus is the shepherd of us all...every watchful, ever caring, ever faithful. Be kind to your local shepherd. We need all the help we can get!

2 comments:

Aaron Joshua Oliver said...

So the Stollen was stolen? By the way, what's Stollen?

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Wowwee look at that cutie :) and the little one is gorgeous too!!!
MMMM stollen -hope the dogs didn't get it.

HUGS
Kim and crew