Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Direct Flight


The weather is terrible - snowing like crazy with heavy wind - back in CNY. Let's hope the Southwest pilot (known for being hot shot boomer-zoomer types)flies way up high and dives down through the storm at the last minute. Matt called to tell me he has Lil' Lamb in the office with him today. She was not looking good last night when he got home. Mom has very high-placed teats between her narrow hips and I suspect lambie had a hard time getting in there as much as she needed. He brought her bottle and milk replacer with him. I heard her baaahhhs and felt such a maternal twinge it's a good thing I'm headed home. Lilly still has her legs crossed. I hate to leave my little couch potatoes, but they are well cared for and have everything they need here in San Jose. Annie takes such good care of us all. They will have a quiet New Year's Eve here in the little house on Avenida Rotella. Annie is making 16 bean soup with the Christmas ham bone. I will miss her world-class cooking. She just whipped up some guacamole for Matt and I am bringing home some of this fabulous fresh salsa available in supermarkets here in SJ. The homemade jams, biscotti, chocolate chip cookies and guacamole is almost taking up one of the pink suitcases I brought here full of presents. Lucky me.

No comments: