Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Touch Down






We landed without mishap in Las Vegas after flying over some spectacular scenery. Mia had put a copy of Cooking Light in my bag so I had something to read. I catnapped most of the flight. I was to make a connection on US Air in LV and had no idea where they were. Once I got my carry-on bag, coat and sweaters out of the overhead and deplaned, I looked for signs of US Air. Not a thing. Finally found someone who told me I had to take the tram to the main terminal. Found the tram and got in the right building, then found I had to wait in another security line of about a thousand people. Once again they were calling to board my flight, and the gate was waaaayyy far down the corridor. I said, look, I have to jump the line or miss my flight. I thought people would be all over me, but holiday spirit prevailed and I got to the machines. I tore off bracelets, shoes, etc. and shoved my stuff through the ex-ray. Walked through, put it all back on and RAN to the gate and down the ramp to the plane. Whew! This pilot was a boomer and zoomer and, I confess, I was a little scared. I looked around and the passengers around me had their eyes closed and were holding on to the seats. Okay, I thought, at least this guy will get me there on time. Once again, gorgeous scenery over the Sierra Madres where the rising currents shook and buffeted the jet, then the green fields of California. More mountains, and we were there - early!! I thanked the pilot for the wild ride and he said, Let's do it again sometime! And then I was running down the carpet into the arms of little Spiderman LUKE and HANNAH in her pink Hello Kitty jacket. The giant pink suitcases of presents rolled off the baggage carousel and everything was right in the world.

No comments: