Saturday, December 13, 2008

Uh-Oh


Just came back from picking up hog mash and chicken feed at Homestead. Louis Gale, where feed is half or more less, closed at noon while we were trying to get the hay wagon up the icy slope of a driveway, and banging the cold and ice out of the hay elevator. Barbie pulled me aside to tell me she's upset that I commented negatively on her apples on one of my posts. I said you read my blog??? I am always surprised that anyone reads this journal. I keep it for my kids, as we are spread out all over the country, and it somehow keeps my head straight, and as a record of what I tried to take on in my waning years. Barbie feels that my comment might hurt her business. I can't imagine that, since she has a big beautiful store filled with anything anybody could want for a farm, and the few boxes of apples on the floor are just a tiny part of her business. Last spring, when I was really hurting for hay, I stopped at her store on the way home from work every day and filled my little red truck up with hay, at top dollar, at Barbie's store...and I was happy to get it. I might feel worse about the apple comment if, knowing ALL about me, which anyone who reads this blog does, she had asked about the sheep once in a while, or asked how's everything going, etc. I don't think I could take intimate glimpes into someone's life on a regular basis and not get caught up, at least a little bit, in their struggles or joys. But that's okay, I'll keep writing, and she'll keep her successful feed store, and we'll go our seperate ways. I would much rather support her than Tractor Supply. I hope they don't read my blog there.

No comments: