Sunday, December 07, 2008

Lovely Holly


Holly is two years old now. We don't know exactly how old she is as she was abandoned with her litter on the roadside. They were rescued and brought to the SPCA in Norwich. AJ and Mia adopted Holly and gave her to me for Christmas while I was still living in the little RV. She was dog #7 in that little trailer!! Yikes, it was tight in there, but really warm on cold nights! Sometimes I look back on that year with shock and awe. There was something so basic and simple about living in that tiny space. I was fine until Matt came home from working in NJ, or we had visitors. Two people had to turn sideways to pass each other. Personal hygiene was tough when the water froze, and that portapotty was reeeeeally cold most mornings. The dogs used to tease Holly and get her cornered in back of the toilet (not operational) in the trailer. Now Holly rules the roost and bosses the other dogs around (she willingly defers to Bodie though). I often wonder what varieties of dogs she comes from, maybe Rottweiler, maybe German Shepherd, maybe black lab - I don't care, I just adore her.

No comments: