Monday, December 15, 2008

Rainy and Warmer


True to forecast the weather warmed up and the snow is melting. Big sheets slide off the metal barn roof making a loud whooshing sound. Matt is gone to Niagara Falls to teach weatherization crews health and safety on the job. A "State" official is teaching the technical stuff for now. Matt's Building Performance Institute test scores came back and he got a 90% overall. I told him on the phone and he's thrilled. Pretty good for a ghetto kid from Newark, NJ. I have to do all the chores this week, and get ready for Christmas. Mia is coming on Saturday and will take me to the airport early Monday morning. I have a couple of orders to fill and more soap than I have time to wrap. I just made myself some rice and heated up some turkey vegetable soup. I'll eat it all week now that Matt is not here to moan and groan and make YUCK comments. The sight of it makes him ill. Soup has to come out of a can to be good. Can you imagine? Better get going so I can be back inside before too late. I'm still afraid of ghosts but at this point it gets dark at 4:30 so I have to work in it. If I see one of our reported ghosts I'm liable to say would you mind giving me a hand????

No comments: