Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bad Weather Coming


The temp soared up into the 40's today, but didn't melt the sheet of ice in the driveway. I can't get to the White Boys igloos without negotiating the other sheet of ice behind the barn. When Matt goes away next week I will probably bring them in. He doesn't want them closer to the barn because he thinks they will chew on the siding, or some other vandalism, but I have to get to them to give them their play time off the lines. On the list...fencing off a doggie yard so they will never be tied. It's illegal in some states and I agree! I'll figure out something. I made it through the day without my body doing something to totally embarrass me. Kelly came back after suffering the same virulent 24 hour virus. I can't believe no one else in our unit got it, and neither did Matt. He pulled in right after me and moved the dumpster. Our garbage men like to leave it right in the middle of the driveway. I can manuever around it but the truck cannot. He carried in my purchases - mostly dog and cat food - and I went to work on getting the fire going. Matt thinks he passed his test. Another one is coming in January, something about a Building Envelope Professional. If he passes that one he can do independent audits and make some extra $$ on weekends. It's getting real cold tonight with snow expected over the next two days. I was getting hungry after not eating for two days, and the popsicles were not satisfying me completely. I walked right by the culinary kids' teachers buffet, except for a half bowl of broth. It stayed where it was supposed to. I made a pot of rice tonight and took out some turkey soup. It has little or no fat in it (I always skim it out for the doggies) and it worked just fine. I should deprive my tummy a lot more than I do, but maybe after Christmas. I can't wait for Annie's excellent cooking (she grew up in the family restaurant where her mom was a world-class chef) and maybe, if I'm lucky, some biscotti and marmalade. Oh, My Goodness, life will be good! Snuggling with my Little Ones and little Perdita (the rescued Chihuahua in residence) and playing ball with Booker (English Pointer they brought to CA. from KY.) I wonder if they still have the snake????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure that they can't wait to see you either!! oxox try to rest up please!! ( I know, no rest for the weary)