Friday, December 19, 2008

Anniversary Dinner






We drove to Remember When in heavy snow. God Bless the Ford Motor Company and my F150. It is the perfect snow vehicle. The restaurant was warm and cheery, with twinkling Christmas lights, lace curtains, colorful stained glass and friendly people. Surprisingly, there were two other couples eating dinner there. We had pan fried haddock with cole slaw and roasted sweet potatoes. Matt told me all about the goings on in the weatherization field. 19,000 families in NY are waiting for their houses to be weatherized in '09. He's going to be teaching building science in such remote places as Malone, New York (waaaay up there) in January and is quite enthusiastic about his new career. I tried to talk about BOCES but it just didn't pack the same excitement! We finished dinner, took a peek into the antique shop, then drove home in heavier snow. Snowmobiles were running on the sides of the highway. I see horses and cows out in the fields covered with snow. Wish I could put coats on them all. So thankful for my big barn... Chores ahead. Feels like 11 o'clock at night but it's only 6:30. Should'nt have had that glass of Zinfandel.

No comments: