Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"A Thing of Beauty"


Dr. Fitzgerald told me that Matt's innards are a "thing of beauty...a joy to behold." Spoken like a true Mick. I made the mistake of telling Matt when he woke up and now there will be no living with him. He is cocky enough already. I'm relieved this is over. Men are the worst patients. I spent yesterday serving him lime jello and chicken broth in preparation for his "procedure." I will spare you the nasty details of the rest of the prep. His punishment for driving us all crazy was having to watch the awesome spaghetti and meatball dinner I made for Hannah and Luke without tasting it. Oh, well, it's over. We stopped at the LL Bean outlet in Fayetteville on the way back and I got my summer sandals - some very sturdy clog-like open toed slip-ons that were $64 in the catalogue and $24 in the outlet. I think I would have been disappointed if I paid that much sight unseen. The tops are plastic I think. Good vegan footware! Not as classy as Danskos but good for the farm. I will have to break down and get some school shoes come September. I've worn two pair of Mia's hand-me-down Danskos for the last two years. Great shoes and you just can't kill them. Gorgeous weather outside. Perfect for cutting hay. Much better than last week. Timing is everything, in life and in hay. I've been soaking my horse bite in the bath tub and thought it was healing nicely, but I think it might be infected. The colors went away but there is a lump underneath that feels weird. I was very proud of my horse bite until Sherry came and told me she has one on her butt. Definitely more status than a forearm horse bite!

No comments: