Thursday, July 09, 2009

Good Morning


Woke up too early with the familiar numbing sensation in my hands and arms. For a couple of years it's been in my right arm, at the oddest times. Often when I am driving to work my right arm would become numb and I'd have to drive with my left hand. I can't hold the phone up too long without switching hands. Is it carpal tunnel? Have to look it up. I hope there's something I can do for it, like drinking herb tea or yoga. I'm sure losing weight would help. That helps everything! Let's not go there... The weather should be shaping up. I'm still wearing the flannel Christmas nightie Mia gave me and sleeping under a down comforter - in the middle of July. The Madison County Fair starts today. There is a fiber tent where a dedicated group of local fiber people are bringing their animals and doing demonstrations. They signed me up without hearing back from me. With Hannah and Luke coming I didn't want to commit to anything, but they gave me a space anyway. I'm not bringing any animals, which I don't like to do in the summer, or any time for that matter because I feel it stresses them so much. They require a vet certificate which I don't have. I'll bring my wheel and spin, which people like to see, and put out some wool. They have a Fiber Arts professor from Syracuse University coming to lecture and show a video of her fiber mill. That I would like to see...a fiber artist who gets paid to teach at the ultimate venue - a fancy university. I won't bring much as I can't leave it overnight, and what if H & L don't like it and I can't come back the next day. Yesterday when we went over to check it out - it's all of 4 miles away - there was a travelling zoo setting up with two gorgeous giant tortoises walking around on the grass, kangaroos, and some exotic monkey type creatures that I think are lemurs? Let me drink some coffee and see what the day brings. The milk was out and hot chocolate envelopes were out on the counter this morning. Hannah gets up and makes things at night - so cute. I don't know when they are going home and I don't want to think about it. I know their adoring parents want them back and I don't blame them. Such beautiful creatures my grandchildren are...

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I hope today has been beautiful, Maggie!