Sunday, July 05, 2009

Fireworks





Andrew, AJ and Mia arrived around 6 last night. I had cooked all day and we feasted first thing. The door to the apartment opened and there was Sherry, my dear old friend from Morristown. The was in Brookfield riding her Arab, Tsorin, in an event on the famous Brookfield Trails. Teeny tiny Sherry pulled in driving her funky old F250 extended cab. What a fabulous truck. We all hiked up to the pond to watch Hannah and Luke swim and the very colorful sunset. All the pink and black clouds, along with the waxing moon in the opposite sky, made for a very striking picture show. We took lots of pictures which I would love to post but where's the camera? Last time I saw it Lukie had it up at the pond - uh, oh. Andrew and Mia pitched a tent next to the pond for the night, but came back down to watch the fireworks display with us. For years AJ was the Master of Ceremonies with any fireworks display in our family and he did not disappoint. The campfire was perfectly toasty with the cold air setting in and us huddled around it. Sherry slept in my sheep show trailer. I'm trying to decide if I should make breakfast or take everyone to the Beaver Den this morning. Mia's never been and I would like to show her and Andrew our local dining spot.

No comments: